Did you know that the experiences during the initial years of a child’s life play an integral role in brain development? It is because by the age of 5, the brain grows to nearly 90% and neural connections responsible for a child’s healthy growth develop at a rapid rate.
Christmas is a season of gifts & celebration for children. Combining fun with brain development exercises can provide a unique experience to children & make the holidays more exciting. Just like an interactive afterschool program that enhances the basic abilities of a child & nurtures all the five lobes of the brain through various activities, you can also give your child an engaging learning experience with a few simple activities. These activities stimulate the process of brain development at a young age & activate both the sides of a child’s brain.
5 simple ways to escalate your child’s development
- Solving mazes is a good activity that teaches children essential problem-solving skills. It also allows them to develop visual & motor skills stimulating different parts of the brain.
- Puzzles are also a great brain development tool that develops coordination & logical reasoning abilities. As children perfectly finish the puzzle, they experience an increase in self-confidence that stays with them throughout their life.
- Physical activities like dancing serve as an excellent means of expression. The movements build kinesthetic intelligence, coordination & increases confidence as children correct mistakes & eliminate self-doubt & fear.
- Several Afterschool programs use building blocks to stir up a child’s imagination by introducing them to different shapes & colors. When children build different shapes, the creative & logical part of the brain activate together resulting in their holistic development.
- Mental math programs also lead to the development of cognitive skills in children. UCMAS offers Abacus based brain development program that provides several benefits to children including self-confidence, creativity, proficiency in math & many others.Children are extremely enthusiastic about the Christmas lights & sweet delights. This celebration can be made perfect with a healthy addition of learning & development activities.
Enroll your child in UCMAS to witness the countless benefits it offers. You can also contribute to communal development by sharing the experience with your family & friends who can introduce their child to a path of lifelong success.