Thank you for visiting the UCMAS Canada resource page. This page will be constantly updated and newer documents will be added frequently.
Dr. David Barner – University of California, San Diego, USA and Michael Frank, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA conducted a research on some 400 UCMAS students in the areas of cognition and mental abacus. Click here to read the report.
Some other research documents related to Abacus learning by some world renowned researchers.
- Giyoo Hatano’s Analysis of Psychological Tools.
- Consequency of Skill: The Case of Abacus Training in Taiwan.
- Superior Digit Memory of Abacus Experts – an event related FMRI study.
- Meanings of Skill: Effects of Abacus Expertise on Number Representation.
- Imagery Experts: How do Expert Abacus Operators Process Imagery.
- Formation of Mental Abacus for Computation and Its Use as a Memory Device for Digits.
- Abacus Mental Arithmetic System can Promote All-round Development of Students.
The Science of Brain Training – An Image
When asked as to how has UCMAS helped Anisha, her dad Nilesh (residing at Milton, Ontario) mentions, "UCMAS has helped improved Anisha's Focus+++++, enhanced her ability to concentrate for longer hours, has made her think outside the box, and her speed of thinking has increased."See what other parents have to say